long options

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 28 06:12:31 CET 2004

G'day,

Looking at the code this evening, I noted that bogofilter, bogoutil, and
bogolexer all support long options, which is a good thing.  What is not
good is that some options have embedded hyphens while others use
embedded underscores.  Roughly speaking, hyphens appear in options whose
expected use is the command line and underscores appear in options whose
expected use is the config file.  Bogofilter's flexibility is such that
all config file options may also be used on the command line.

My proposal is to have the command line accept only hyphens, while the
config file will allow hyphens and underscores (interchangeably).

Any objections?