0.93.2: Assertion `handle->dbenv->txn' failed.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Dec 18 04:21:09 CET 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:10:30 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > Matthias,
> >
> > What the heck???
> >
> > An excerpt from my procmail log (approx 30 minutes ago):
> >
> > procmail: Opening "mail.backup"
> > procmail: [2160] Fri Dec 17 20:01:31 2004
> > procmail: Executing "bogofilter,-p,-l,-e,-u,-U"
> > bogofilter: datastore_db.c:629: db_get_dbvalue: Assertion `handle->dbenv->txn' failed.
>
> Do you have a special configuration, multiple wordlists or something? A
> quick test works for me, as does "make check".
>
> BTW, -U isn't documented in the manpage.

Yes to config -- has ignore.db and wordlist.db, with obvious meanings.
If memory serves, this is the second time I've seen the Assertion
failure.  The failure draws attention to itself when Spam appears in a
non-spam folder.

I'll see about documenting '-U'

Speaking of options, let's use long option names for the new database
maintenance operations.  This will emphasize their special purposes,
help make them noticeable in the help messages, and distinguish them
from scoring related options (which is what most of the single character
flags are used for).