0.93.2 and OS/2

Yuri Dario warp at os2power.com
Sat Dec 4 17:12:54 CET 2004

Hi,

today I started building new bogofilter binaries with gcc 3.3.5 for OS/2, and I found some
problems. The last "official" build for OS/2 is the 0.92.4 version.

The new transactional engine seems to make porting a bit problematic.

First, db_lock.c is using link() in create_lockfile(): is it the same to use a symlink? OS/2 doesn't
provide hard links, but we got an experimental symlink engine with latest libc.

I changed code to use symlink, but then I discovered mmap(2) support is required for BDB:
unfortunately, libc currently doesn't have a solution for it.

So, if symlink is ok, how can I skip the mmap requirement?

I'm asking because hard/soft link are new to me, and I don't know BDB internals enough to write
a solution; since you know them better than me, I'm posting here.

TIA,

Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*