performance,Re: txn performance penalty

Evgeny Kotsuba evgen at shatura.laser.ru
Thu Dec 2 20:35:04 CET 2004

Greg Louis wrote:

>>>Calendar time, on an otherwise idle machine with 512Mb RAM and 1Gb
>>>swap, to process 545 spam starting after cold boot (memory is clear):
>>>
>>>0.92.8: 51 seconds
>>>0.93.1 with defaults: 489 seconds
>>>0.93.1 with DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE: 492 seconds

With my collection I have about 0.1 sec/message at teaching on Atlon
2700 and disk cache 100 Mb (that is more than max word_db size) .  And
it takes me about 2 hours for full teaching.
I run bogofilter almost  on per single message base and use QDBM.
"Almost"  - that means that I run bogofilter as server in client-server
application so that it reads config   one time and don't spend time for
start-up.
Any suggestions ?