the RFC2047 problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 30 19:37:07 CET 2004

Matthias,

Evgeny's problem is a lexer problem.  The "Content-Disposition:" has two
encoded tokens, with the first being correctly formed and the second
lacking the required "?=" termination.  The lexer is trying to match the
improperly formed token with the contents of the message.  In this
effort, the rest of the file is read into memory, consuming time and
memory.

I've expanded t.rfc2047_broken to include this problem.  File
${TMPDIR}/output.2a is bogolexer's output using the improperly formed
token and ${TMPDIR}/output.2b is output using a properly formed token.
Since these two outputs are different, the test _does_ FAIL (during make
check).

When we get this fixed, the test will PASS.  If we decide to release
0.93.2 before fixing this problem, we can comment out the test's final
"diff" so that "make check" can pass its tests.

Regards,