Addtion for README.db

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 30 04:29:53 CET 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 03:43:43 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> > Should this occur remove all files in ~/.bogofilter EXCEPT
> > wordlist.db. Bogofilter will create the corrrect __db.NNN,
> > log.NNNNNNNNNN and lockfiles automatically the next time it is run.
>
> ...and is 100% sure to complain about out-of-order log-sequence
> numbers(LSN) next time recovery is attempted -- which will cause a
> permanent PANIC state that can only be recovered with a raw db_dump of
> the database (possibly in salvage mode, db_dump -r) and reload.

No it does not.

On this system using the the procedure I outlined in the addition to
README. after upgrade to db4.3
__db.NNN, 1-5 and log.NNNNNNNNNN 1 and 2 as well as lockfile are
created.

cd ~./bogofilter
run db43_recover
No errors occur and and all __db.NNN files are removed, log and lockfile
are still present.
At next run bogofilter creates __db.NNN, 1-5 and the additional
log.NNNNNNNNNN 3 and 4.

As I maintain the Mdk rpm for bogofilter I need a procedure that I can
document that a user can follow when a db4.3 bogofilter is installed
to an env containing a a db4.2 ~./bogofilter.

    Charles

--
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurence of the
improbable.