t.bulkmode problem

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Nov 23 13:44:14 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 19:31, Matthias Andree wrote:
> I'd thought about abstracting the datastore a bit more, and adding a
> datastore type, so bogofilter might be able to, for instance, access
> another database.  That might allow the user to access databases in
> different formats or on different machines in the end, but I'm not sure
> if we want this before 1.0.

I haven't really been following this too much, but I hope my suggestion
is useful.  Would it be possible to access seperate environments
sequentially instead of concurrently, and would that solve the multiple
locking problem?  In other words, do the changes in multiple
environments need to be a single atomic transaction, or could it be
split into one atomic transaction per environment?  Maybe even have the
program call itself recursively?

Tom