PATCH: lexer_v3.l

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Nov 23 13:18:40 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:06:27 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > I believe the MSG_COUNT problem in lexer_v3.l is easy to fix.  All
> > that's needed is to require that the BOGO_LEX_LINE pattern match a
> > whole line and that is done by adding a trailing dollar sign, i.e.
> >
> > I've made the modification and reverted the change in collect.c.
>
> I'll need to reproduce the original failure message and add a test.
> I'm not 100% sure that the lexer_v3.l fix is sufficient.

That's very possible.  Without a test case, I can't be sure of the fix.
In any case, I think the test for incorrect formatting should be done
sooner than in collect.c.  If it can't be fixed in lexer_v3.l, the next
best thing is fixing it in token.c, specifically in get_token().  Get me
a test case and I'll take a look.