wordlists and lexer

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 11:12:38 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> The message-count format, a.k.a. BOGO_LEX format, was created to speed
> up testing by putting shifting the cost of database open/lookup to a
> pre-processing pass.  Messages that have passed through a MDA always
> have a message header (with keyword, colon, and value), don't they?

That depends on the normalization that the MDA performs. After an MTA
such as Postfix, Sendmail or possibly Exim or Courier,
yes. fetchmail/getmail from a corrupt mailbox directly thru MDA, not
sure we have a header.

> Such messages don't trigger BOGO_LEX mode.  As part of bogofilter's
> parsing, its lexer can only enter BOGO_LEX mode if the first input
> line is in the proper format.

Good, this means a lot less work for us and no urge to get 0.92.9 out
(I've still prepared a new release on the bogofilter-0_92_8 branch with
the older collect.c fix as of yesterday and Berkeley DB 4.3 support).