list spam

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 12:01:14 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

>> Might it not be a good idea to hardcode in a fershur spam indicator on
>> the string ".exe" :-)
>
> Hello Glenn,
>
> Easy to say, not so easy to do, AFAIK.  Correcting the problem is on the
> todo list, but bogofilter and live are presently higher on the list...

As a band-aid, I have reconfigured the bogofilter-announce,
bogofilter-dev and bogofilter lists hosted at bogofilter.org (David,
it's the section "Content Filtering") to only allow these MIME types:

multipart/alternative      <- I'm not sure if we need that, but as it's
                              David's list, I'm not going to experiment
multipart/mixed
multipart/signed
message/rfc822
text/plain
application/pgp-signature
application/x-gzip
application/x-bzip2
application/x-sh
text/x-patch

Any types not on the list will be removed.

This allows _all_ legal mail that has come through the bogofilter and
bogofilter-dev lists as long as my archives go back (several weeks), if
attaching a text file (log or something), make sure that your mailer
lists the content type as text/plain rather than
application/octet-stream.

text/html is not on the list and hence disallowed. Mailman will
automatically convert a multipart that's left with only one part to a
regular single-part mail.

If you think that's too narrow, let me know.

> At present, I need to learn how to rework the configuration so that
> virus detection (like amavisd or clamav) can be used.  If you have
> knowledge of such matters, speak up!

Here!