experimental QDBM TXN patch

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 21:48:35 CET 2004

Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> I have a quick&dirty transactional hack for QDBM, attached below, and
>> lacking the repair/recover functionality (we'll need to fix the
>> datastore API first so we can run recover for data bases, not just
>> environments).
>
> I'm sorry but the patch doesn't seem to work here. I get:
>
> *bogofilter -pM < Mem::Mem.$.ExampleMail
> Transaction reading message count/wordlist version failed.
>
> Does enabling transactions require some database conversion as well? Or
> what does this error message mean?

What the heck...? I am 100% confident it passed all of the 39 self tests
before I shipped the patch, but now it doesn't. I'm wondering if I ran
the check in the right directory or just thought I did when I in fact
did not.

Anyways, it doesn't work now, and there are still bugs in the database
layer that goof up. I inserted debug statements and got "invalid
mode".

I'm wondering if QDBM might only like transactions in "writer" mode
databases but not in "reader" mode. Probably around DB creation and such.