QDBM and transactions

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Oct 30 20:45:50 CEST 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:20:02 +0200
Stefan Bellon wrote:

> > David Relson wrote:
> > > You've got a deal.  How does Sunday at noon GMT sound?
>
> > Ok. :-)
>
> All right, attached is the patch.
>
> When releasing it, there should be a note in the ReadMes that whoever
> uses QDBM, should do the following *before* upgrading:
>
> $ bogoutil -d wordlist.db > wordlist
>
> And the following *after* upgrading:
>
> $ bogoutil -l wordlist.db < wordlist

Stefan and Gyepi:

I've written a release note and need it checked for correctness.

Thanks.

QDBM database format changed to B+ trees

The QDBM database format has been changed from hash tables to B+
trees, i.e. from the DEPOT API to the Villa API.  This results in
significantly better performance, i.e. faster speed.  Unfortunately,
the two modes are incompatible, so upgrading to 0.9.3 requires several
special steps, i.e. dumping and renaming your wordlist before
installing 0.93 and building a new wordlist afterwards.

Use these commands:

1:  bogoutil -d /your/path/wordlist.db > wordlist.txt
2:  mv /your/path/wordlist.db /your/path/wordlist.db.old
3:  install new bogofilter
4:  bogoutil -l /your/path/wordlist.db < wordlist.txt