Transactional Code Completed! 0.92.6+txn2.0 released

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Sep 1 14:53:25 CEST 2004

From: "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree at gmx.de>
> This means that bogofilter can now use Berkeley DB for a data base that
> does not get corrupted on crashes, application crashes/aborts, filled
> disk drives, problems during registration; provided that your hardware
> works well and does not lie to the OS about I/O completion.

Doesn't the assumption that "your hardware works well" contradict the
purpose of the transactional code?  My system, for one, is very stable, so I
would only expect the transactional code to be useful if, say, my RAM or
harddrive were to go bad.  Or is the assumption only in respect to lying
about I/O completion?  Is there a way to detect this with an install test?

Tom