[long] Recovery handling in TXN branch

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Aug 20 16:34:37 CEST 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:23:29 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

...[snip]...

> Hm. I wonder if we should just let processes pile up that cannot get a
> cell or if they should exit right away. It is indeed a rather academic
> issue. Do we want the Perfect solution or do we want a solution that
> works in most but not all extreme cases. The process count limit
> (process table size) will act as an external hard limit anyways. So we
> could use its figure as a maximum number.

Surely other system limits will come into play before the process table
fills up, no?  Let's let the OS worry about extreme situations.  If the
system is bumping up against extreme limits there are likely other
problems besides bogofilter and/or BerkeleyDB.  Our needs are for
reasonable level of robustness.