[long] Recovery handling in TXN branch

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 16 16:07:53 CEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Tom Anderson wrote:

> If you're using the daemon model, then a daemon process should check for
> its own lockfile before starting.  Only one bogofilter daemon should be
> running at any one time.  Ping the pid specified in the lockfile with a
> signal and wait for the predetermined reply (TBD).  If no reply is
> heard, do recovery and start the daemon.  If a reply is heard, simply
> quit.  This should handle the reboot situation.

OK, if there is a special PING protocol, that might work.

We don't have server-client code in place however, and if I were to
change one feature at a time, I'd need to do the daemon first, however,
deadlock avoidance after crash is a more pressing issue OTOH.

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)