[bogofilter-dev] GCC 3.4.0 warning

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Apr 20 16:39:27 CEST 2004

There is one more warning with GCC 3.4.0 that Intel C++ 8.0.058_pe063.1
confirms (both with rather picky settings, -strict_ansi or -pedantic):

GCC 3.4:

./bogoconfig.h:29: warning: array type has incomplete element type

Intel C++ 8:

../../src/bogoconfig.h(29): warning #774: array with incomplete element
type is nonstandard
  extern struct option long_options[];
                       ^

This means that "struct option" (getopt.h, I presume) must be defined
before this external declaration is made.

The fix appears to be adding an #include "getopt.h" in bogoconfig.h and
has been committed to CVS - before someone sends us some OSF1
compilation failure report...