lexer header/body

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 8 14:07:27 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:

> Other things happen in INITIAL mode that are separate from the header
> tagging.  For example there's recognition of folded lines, message ids,
> VERPS, etc.

Well, all of that is only relevant for headers.

> The lexer _could_ have two flavors of INITIAL, i.e.
> INITIAL_WITH_H_FLAG and INITIAL_WITHOUT_H.  That would be much more
> complex than what we have.

If my understanding is correct (which might well be not the
case;-) then INITIAL might still put us into BOGO_LEX mode.
So it seems to me that it could be not HEADER.

Now, if we have -H, I understand that BOGO_LEX is not an
option here as well, so INITIAL won't have any reasonable
thing to do? If this is incorrect, could you please give an
example. Thanks.

pi