[cvs] bogofilter/src lexer_v3.l,1.142,1.143

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Mar 23 01:30:23 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> I can back up this claim with references to the C standard if somebody
> thinks I'm wrong. ;-)

I usually catch these on Sun Workshop before your Metrowerks Code
Diagnoser^WWarrior gets to see the code but as I have worked on the
transactional store branch that doesn't have that particular line yet (I
haven't merged because that is cumbersome with CVS and hard to get
right).

Intel C++ also complains about many of these at least in -w2 mode (which
prints complaints about ntohs and htons that I don't quite understand
and has a lot of other remarks) but my production code is admittedly GCC
3.3.3 as well.

Maybe we should twist the code until it is both C89 and C++ at the same
time so we can feed it through a C++ compiler. We'll then see if David
still calls your Code Warrior "picky" :->