std=c89 [was: bogofilter/src datastore_db.c,1.81,1.82 ]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Feb 25 16:12:22 CET 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:32 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, David Relson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:13:24 +0100
> > Matthias Andree wrote:

> > > No wonder, uint isn't part of the 1989 ISO C (F.K.A. ANSI C)
> > > edition - at the very least you will have to re-run ./configure
> > > with config.cache purged, it may take more given the mixed-up
> > > state (read: mess) that GNU libc presents.
> >
> > I just edited src/Makefile and added the option to CFLAGS :-)  Quick
> > & simple !
>
> Given the BerkeleyDB on SunOS 4.1.4 experiences, you may also have to
> recompile BerkeleyDB with -std=c89...

I just thought I'd try "-std=c89" (equivalent to "-ansi") to see what
would happen.  We've both goofed and incorrectly mixed code and
declarations.  It'd be nice if the compiler would help prevent our
releasing such mistakes.  Unfortunately, the loss of "uint" is
significant and I don't presently have time to tweak the headers.