bogofilter-0.16.2 - new current release

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sat Jan 17 14:38:27 CET 2004

David Relson wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:50:10 +0100
> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

[snip]

> > A universal option that allows us to pass any configuration file
> > parameter on the command line might solve that problem for good.
> >
> > I'm not going to implement it, I'm unacquainted with the current
> > shape of the option parser.

> It could be done,  here's the current list of switch letters:

> 	bBcCdDefFghHIklLmMnNoOpqQRrsStTuUvVxXy

> Care to pick one?

Why not use "--" to start config file options? Then a call to
bogofilter could look like this:

$ bogofilter --update_thresh=0.1 --ham_cutoff=0.1 -pluM < in > out

This is universal and doesn't have to get modified in the future at
all. So, with

$ bogofilter -C --foo=a --bar=b --wom=c --bat=d

you could bypass the config file completely and give all options on the
command line.

Comments?

--
Stefan Bellon