bogofilter-0.16.2 - new current release

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Jan 17 13:34:39 CET 2004

On 20040116 (Fri) at 2126:12 -0500, David Relson wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:11:37 -0500
> Clint Adams <schizo at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > > Do not use options with _optional_ argument. Either "mandatory
> > > argument" or "does not take argument".
> >
> > I like it the way it is, except for the incompatibility with 0.16.1.
> > Probably this would have been less surprising if this had been a bump
> > to 0.17.
> >
> > However, you could return -u to no-argument and use another option
> > for the cutoff.  Wastes a letter, but doesn't break .procmailrcs.
>
> I'm inclining towards "-u" without arguments and "update_thresh=0.x" in
> bogofilter.cf.  There seems to be little reason for "-u0.x"

<knee-jerk>
Except for those of us who don't want the hassle of editing / sediting a
config file for a quick experiment with a different parameter value.
</knee-jerk>

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |