bogofilter compile error: Not enough room for program headers

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jan 8 19:10:01 CET 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:02:44 -0500 (EST)
Jessica Brennan <jib at panix.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following error when compiling bogofilter on NetBSD
> 1.5. Any idea what's wrong?
>
> gcc -DBOGOFILTER  -g -O2  -Wpointer-arith -ggdb -Wall -W
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast
> -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
> -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts
> -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type  -L/usr/local/lib -o bogofilter
> bogofilter.o main.o  method.o graham.o robinson.o  fisher.o
> libbogofilter.a /pkg/db-3.3.11-static/lib/libdb.a libbf_gsl.a -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: bogofilter: Not enough room for program headers
> (allocated 6, need 7)
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> -Jessica

Hi Jessica,

The short answer (for me only) is "no".  Bogofilter is in use (and
successfully builds) on a number of *BSD systems.  As a Linux person, I
don't know all the details.

What version of bogofilter are you building?  From the inclusion of
graham.o I can tell you're not doing a default build of 0.16.0.  Have
you built earlier versions?

Matthias is our porting expert and will, I'm sure, have a more helpful
answer.