rmail header needs adjusting offset

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 17 14:04:55 CET 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:49:39 +0100
Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

> But if I do that somewhere in the middle of write_header, then I still
> cannot be right all the time because the length varies depending on
> seen_subj. It would be better if either
>
> a) a Subject: line was inserted already in bogoreader if it's missing
>
> or
>
> b) a flag got set during reading that no Subject: line is present (I'm
>    however not sure whether this would work for mailboxes and not only
>    for single mail messages).
>
> Of course, we're only talking about passthrough mode here.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Stefan Bellon

Good!  You're considering the various additional complications.  I think
it's going to get messy :-(

The firstline flag will need to be initialized with each message.  The
corrected length will need to use the seen_subj flag.  You'll also need
to allow for spam_subject_tag, unsure_subject_tag, and the X-Bogosity
line.

If you force passthrough mode to keep the message in memory, it might
make it easier.  That would give you access to all the lines, allow
changes, counting characters, etc.