rmail header needs adjusting offset

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Wed Dec 17 13:24:48 CET 2003

Hi!

A few months ago we added rmail support. It is however just the very
basic support. An rmail header normally looks like this

 #! rmail xxxxxxx

where xxxxxxx denotes the offset in bytes to the next email starting
with an rmail header itself.

Due to the fact that Bogofilter changes the length of the messages in
passthrough mode, those offsets currently are wrong. Some software
therefore cuts off the emails at the end by the length of the added
X-Bogosity line and the modified Subject: line (if configured).

I therefore need to add the length of that line to the rmail line
before writing it back in passthrough mode.

What's the correct place in Bogofilter to do that? write_header() in
passthrough.c?

--
Stefan Bellon