it's just great!

Petr Danecek danecek at ucl.cas.cz
Wed Dec 17 10:42:51 CET 2003

Hello,
first of all, I'd like to thank to all the developers of bogofilter. Our
site is heavily spamed and bogofilter works like miracle.

I was just thinking of adding another feature. Let me explain. Many spam
emails which we receive use as an address nonexistent user names. In
such a case the server tries to bounce the message back. However, most
of the spams use also forged from addreses. Therefore lot of our server
time is spent on sending spams forth and back, after finaly dropping the
spam email into postmaster's mailbox.

The feature which I would like to add, is to parse a message and telling
if it is a spam or not without printing the message itself. I could use
this with qmail and its bouncesaying and avoid many unnecessary bounces.

What do you think?
petr