tilde

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Thu Dec 11 14:54:22 CET 2003

Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

>>> I believe the reason are TOKENs like F~R~E~E. That makes
>>> sense, but I don't have a strong opinion here.
>>
>> Unfortunately there are also "F*R*E*E", "F R E E", etc.
>
> Right, we allow some of the and some not.

While we are at it. Right now we have:
TOKENFRONT
[^[:blank:][:cntrl:][:digit:][:punct:]]
TOKENMID
[^[:blank:][:cntrl:]<>;=():&%$#@+|/~\\{}^\"?*,\[\]]+
TOKENBACK

So TOKENBACK is TOKENFRONT plus digits and exclamation point.

TOKENMID is TOKENBACK plus "._'`-". There is certainly
justification for them, well ` would be a typo in a word,
but it is very common. So I think we can live with that. But
one could also argue that _ does not show up in "real
words", . only in abbreviations like "i.e.". But looking at
it ~ would not really fit, so it seems reasonable to take it
out.

pi