failure building static 0.15.9 (success!)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Dec 7 05:43:28 CET 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:34:17 -0500
Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 01:23:20PM -0800, Allyn Fratkin wrote:
> > thanks for the hint, gyepi.
> >
> > success!
> >
> > >  $ LDFLAGS="-lpthreads" ./configure --blah
> >
> > this didn't quite work, the C compiler couldn't create any
> > executables with LDFLAGS set so configure bombed (and to forestall
> > the obvious question, no, i didn't leave the --blah in there
> > literally).
>
> Glad to hear it worked, Allyn.
>
> I goofed. That should have been  LDFLAGS="-lpthread", which I just
> verified to work fine. Sorry to have caused you grief. I should have
> checked first.
>
> -Gyepi

Hi Gyepi,

With the goal of getting --enable-static to actually build (at least on
my workstation, which is Mandrake 9.1) I've made some changes to
configure.ac.  I've also been modifying files in src/tests so that
they'll use the static executables.  Have you any inclination to do a
quick cvs update and see what happens on your machine?  Note:  I've not
made any changes to support libpthread as that problem doesn't occur on
my womachine.