failure building static 0.15.9

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Dec 7 03:42:39 CET 2003

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:03:08 +0100
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> I still have no good idea how to handle this - if we can sacrifice
> cross-compilation (i. e. compile for sparc on your intel Linux), then
> we can solve it.

Matthias,

As a guess, we can sacrifice.  I don't recall cross-compilation being
mentioned on the list before this.  What's the solution?

By the way, I've got patches for configure.ac, src/tests/Makefile.am,
and src/tests/t.frame.in (new file) so that make check will use the
static executables when --enable-static is specified.  It works fine
except for the minor detail of using libdb.so for linking.

I'll commit my changes to CVS for your review, modification,
extension...

Ciao,