memory usage [was: Forwarded [bogoutil]]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 19 13:58:51 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:09:54 +0100 (MET)
Horst Scheuermann <Horst.Scheuermann at uni-trier.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, David Relson wrote:
>
> set virtuell memory limit to 1GB, ran bogoutil and on another xterm
> prstat(something like top). bogoutil memory increased up to 1GB
> (resident slways 60-80%) and then died with xmalloc error.

Horst,

Let me summarize your environment (to make sure I have it right):

	SunOS 5.9, sun4u sparc
	Bogofilter-0.15.7, BerkeleyDB 4.1.25
	goodlist.db 34MB, spamlist.db 11MB

Now some questions:

Does db_verify say your wordlists are OK?

Can you dump the databases?

	bogoutil -d goodlist.db > goodlist.txt
	bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt

What happens when you run bogoupgrade to convert from separate wordlists
to a combined wordlist?