src/version.sh should explicitely declare to use bash

Naoya Maruyama naoya at matsulab.is.titech.ac.jp
Fri Nov 14 02:40:55 CET 2003

Hi all,

I just downloaded the bogofilter v0.15.8, and tried to compile. But the
compilation failed due to an error in src/version.sh. On my Solaris, the
execution of the shell script fails reporting the following error:

./version.sh: syntax error at line 19: `VERSION=$' unexpected

And the line is:

VERSION=$(grep define.VERSION config.h | awk '{print $3}' | tr -d '"')

I believe the above statement isn't valid in sh, but it's one of the
extensions by bash. Thus the first line of the script should be
"#!bin/bash", not "#!/bin/sh". Actually, after changing the line as such,
the entire compilation finished without any errors.

So, I think the script shoud explicitly declare to use bash, not sh.

Hope this will help the bogofilter developers.

cheers,

---
Naoya Maruyama <naoya at matsulab.is.titech.ac.jp>