Problems with default charset and map_xlate_characters

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Thu Sep 25 14:40:04 CEST 2003

David Relson wrote:

> Charset support is a known incompleteness in bogofilter.  It was written
> by an English-centric coder, namely me.  It works well for people whose
> ham is all ISO-8859-1.

I'd claim it doesn't matter. The problem comes in for
messages coded differently (like in utf-8, if this is
unusual for you, or in other charsets than normal), but if
all your regular mail is ASCII or koi-8R that should be OK,
right?

> Similarly, the replace_nonascii_character option
> was included as a way to deal with Asian spam.  Again, it works fine in
> an English-centric environment.

I never used it and have no problem with it. Well, I get a
lot of German, so this is safer;-)

pi