cvs segfaulting

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Sep 8 21:53:39 CEST 2003

According to rpm, I already have those versions or newer:

zlib1-1.1.4-5.1mdk
zlib1-devel-1.1.4-5.1mdk
cvs-1.11.5-1mdk

Newest cvs is 1.11.6 and zlib is 1.1.4 (from their home websites).
Guess I'll build from source and see what happens.

'Tis annoying when things just break with no apparent reason.

David

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:14:44 +0200

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > Question:  has anybody else noticed this behavior or am I receiving
> > special treatment?
>
> No crashes here.
>
> Try updating libz (aka zlib) first and then CVS.
>

> I'm using Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1p1 (client/server)
>
> with these additional (SuSE added) patches:
>
> | * Die Jan 21 2003 - fehr at suse.de
> |
> | - disable the features Checkin-prog/Update-prog in cvs server
> |   decision was made by SuSE security team (security at suse.de)
> |
> | * Don Jan 16 2003 - fehr at suse.de
> |
> | - add a patch that fixes a possible double free in cvs server
> |
> | * Sam Feb 23 2002 - kukuk at suse.de
> |
> | - Don't require tcsh [Bug #13424]
> |
> | * Fre Feb 08 2002 - draht at suse.de
> |
> | - added patch cvs-1.11.1p1-zlib-zfree.dif against duplicate calls
> |   of free() in zlib
>
> --
> Matthias Andree
>
> Encrypt your mail: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800