cvs segfaulting

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Sep 8 20:29:52 CEST 2003

Greetings,

At present, attempts to use cvs to update and commit SourceForge are
ending with segmentation violations.  I noticed this about 5 minutes
ago.  Finding core files strewn about the landscape, I decided to run
under gdb.  The results are below.

 Also the crash appears to be at the end of the cvs session.  For
example "cvs commit" crashed after printing the usual messages (version,
email being sent, etc).  Running "cvs diff" I see the DSL modem's lights
blinking for a while before the segfault.

The problem is not specific to the bogofilter project on SF.  The same
thing happens with Sylpheed-Claws.

To answer the obvious question, no I haven't changed anything relevant.
FWIW, ~/.cvsrc is almost a year old (Oct 28 2002).

Question:  has anybody else noticed this behavior or am I receiving
special treatment?

David

[relson at osage src]$ gdb /usr/bin/cvs
GNU gdb 5.3
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) set args diff
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/cvs diff
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
0x40024fff in _tr_tally () from /lib/libz.so.1
(gdb)