Experience with 0.15.2

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sun Sep 7 22:34:34 CEST 2003

Hi!

I've got a few things to note about 0.15.2:

1) In src/datastore.c two casts have been introduced in the loops in
   line 157 and line 213. I get the following errors:

      "c.datastore", line 157: Error: objects that have been cast are
      not l-values
      "c.datastore", line 213: Error: objects that have been cast are
      not l-values

2) Matthias re-worked my QDBM code and replaced the Relic API with the
   Depot API. First of all, this makes a few includes that are still
   present in the code superfluous, but second and worse, it's a lot
   slower as the Relic API does some optimization for you that you have
   to do by your own if you use the Depot API. I have added those
   things now. See attached patch for src/datastore_qdbm.c.

3) And finally, I have a message that crashes the lexer of 0.15.2
   whereas the lexers in the previous versions were able to cope with
   it. The file in question is attached as well. Here's the stack
   backtrace:

      *bogofilter -s < ram:crash
       pc:    1c260 sp:   807fa4 post_signal()
       pc:    3a474 sp:   806e60 __h_cback()
       pc:    274c0 sp:   806e98 decode_text()
       pc:    2d230 sp:   806ec0 lexer_v3_lex()
       pc:     8644 sp:   806ee8 get_token()
       pc:    2e14c sp:   806f14 collect_words()
       pc:    3068c sp:   806f50 bogofilter()
       pc:    301f8 sp:   806f78 main()

      Termination signal received: Segmentation fault

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
Please all, and you will please none.