User defined format / header

Honza Pazdziora adelton at informatics.muni.cz
Sun Aug 24 15:54:11 CEST 2003

Hello,

with the latest virus madness I get thousands of bounces and virus
reports for emails I never sent. I started to classify them as spam
and it works well. However, I'm affraid that it may break my scores
and that in the future, _my_ bounces will not get to me correctly.

So I thought about running bogofilter twice, with different databases
-- one for spams, and one for this virus wave. When this set of
bounces is done, I'd return to single, spam-only database. However
to weed through the mail in mutt, I'd need to have different
X-Bogocity headers for those different tests. I've scanned the
documentation and sources but found no way of changing the header,
short of using -t/-T, which is not that usefull for my purposes. So
I wrote a small patch that makes "-U format" to override the default

	"%h: %c, tests=%t, spamicity=%p, version=%v"

My question is: would this feature be considered useful for mainstream
bogofilter and should I send in the patch, or do you see it as a bad
idea?

I could also sort the incoming emails in procmail directly, to
different folders for different tests, but I'd rather keep it all in
one incoming mailbox for some reasons. So that's why I'm heading this
way, changing the line that bogofilter puts to the output.

Yours,

--
 Honza Pazdziora | adelton at fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
 .project: Perl, mod_perl, DBI, Oracle, auth. WWW servers, XML/XSL, ...