0.14.3

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 6 16:07:35 CEST 2003

At 09:57 AM 8/6/03, Clint Adams wrote:
>I'm getting complaints again that the binary size of 0.14.3 swelled up.
>Also, it seems to think that it's
>
>bogofilter version 0.14.2.cvs.20030804

Clint,

In bogofilter-0.14.3.tar.gz, configure.ac has "AC_INIT(bogofilter,
0.14.3)", so the tarball has the right version label.  What's in your
configure.ac?

The binary sizes _have_ been growing.  I published a list of sizes
recently.  The main cause has been lexer enhancements.  It seems that
seemingly insignificant differences in the rules translated into very
significant differences in program size.  At present, lexer_v3.l contains
"QP [!->@-~]+".  A change to "QP [^[:blank;}\?]+" changes the program size
by several hundred kbytes.

There's also the change in behavior of %never-interactive in
flex-2.5.31.  Have you any info as to why it's changed?  Was flex-2.5.4
broken or is flex-2.5.31 broken?

Cheers!