bogoutil segfaults

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jul 23 23:23:27 CEST 2003

At 04:24 PM 7/23/03, Clint Adams wrote:
> > You're looking at RISC code, and RISCs as well as m68k tend to pass a
> > lot of data in registers, for they have plenty of them and they are
> > faster than pushing to or popping from the stack. So never mind function
> > arguments of any but the current frame. Sun DBX does the right thing,
> > refusing to print function parameters for optimized code.
>
>Speaking of optimized code, -O0 and -O1 on hppa pass all the tests.

Clint,

Has the compiler changed since you tested 0.13.7.3 on Jul 18??

FWIW, I'm taking a look at the mips results for 0.13.7.3 and
0.14.0.  0.13.7.3 has a compilation warning that's lacking from 0.14.0 -
specifically "lexer_v3.c:14959: warning: `yy_flex_realloc` defined but not
used".  As I that message on my Intel box with gcc-3.2.2, the message
doesn't concern me, but the fact that one mips run has it and the other
doesn't have it _does_ interest me.

Anyhow, your hppa finding sounds like bogofilter needs to be passed to the
gcc-hppa people.