cdb preliminary results

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 18:37:41 CEST 2003

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:

> I'd been thinking in terms of building a hash in memory, then reading
> the old .cdb file and mergeing the changes into a new .cdb, and finally
> traversing the hash to add any new records.  Clearly not something

BTW, that's going to get difficult with bigger files, you need the whole
file plus changes in core.

I home to find time to try a transactional, native-locking, mode of the
data base, if it really does forward-logging, it might be quite fast
still, because we have the synchronous writes sequentially, i. e. fast.