cdb support

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jul 9 17:03:47 CEST 2003

On 20030709 (Wed) at 1527:23 +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> The missing part is how .cdb would fare in bogofilter. Someone eager to
> code this?

Wouldn't put it quite like that, but I was planning to do it anyway :)

> NB: DJB's original cdb isn't Free or Open Source software. "You may
> distribute unmodified copies of the cdb package."

Yeah, I know.  However, he also suggests that one incorporate code into
one's own app rather than using a library, and implies permission to do
so.  Philip Hazel did that in Exim, with code provided by Nigel
Metheringham, which code contains:

     Copyright (c) 1998 Nigel Metheringham, Planet Online Ltd

     This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
     under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
     Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
     option) any later version.

     This code implements Dan Bernstein's Constant DataBase (cdb) spec.
     Information, the spec and sample code for cdb can be obtained from
     http://www.pobox.com/~djb/cdb.html. This implementation borrows some code
     from Dan Bernstein's implementation (which has no license restrictions
     applied to it).

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |