cdb support

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jul 9 20:31:29 CEST 2003

On 20030709 (Wed) at 1818:17 +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> We have a license to ship verbatim tarballs, not derivative works. If
> there is evidence that DJB put cdb (or cdb-0.75, specifically) into the
> public domain or allowed distribution in part, I'd like to see that.

We would certainly need to verify it.

> It may look like nitpicking and not implying that "you should
> incorporate" implies a license, but nitpicking is the lawyer's job. >:-)

Oh, absolutely.  We'd need either a release from DJB, or some
incontrovertible evidence that he allows distribution of applications
incorporating some of the code.  The existence of Exim would seem to
imply that he has done so on at least that occasion, but that's not
strong enough, obviously.

I haven't looked at the free cdb implementation you mention, but if
it's adequate, we might as well avoid the hassle altogether and go with
that.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |