cdb preliminary results

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 02:45:21 CEST 2003

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:

> Implementing cdb in the form of a datastore_cdb file is going to need
> some bending and twisting, I think, because of the need to rebuild the
> db every time you write to it.

We wouldn't support registration options on cdb in the first
place. People would use batch mode updates for these data bases.

If we were to support that, we'd rather write change instructions in
append-mode to a file, and at some time, merge these change instructions
into the source for cdb and recompile the cdb.

> This is an argument in favour of keeping the dbt_v structure, because
> when the field size is constant you can update in place [...]

You'd have to update the .cdb and the source file at the same time.