Solaris 64-bit bulkmode failure

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 17:51:56 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> In t.bulkmode, enable line 62 to set V="-vvv", then run in verbose mode,
> i.e. "t.bulkmode -v", then send me send me a .tgz of files
> bulkmode.20030601/bulk-double-2.*.  That should let me to pinpoint where
> the calculation goes awry.  Then we'll see :-)

JFTR (just for the records): our test framework prepends /usr/xpg4/bin
to $PATH to allow for POSIX-compliant options to head(1) and
tail(1). Unfortunately, these come bundled with a different grep that
only supports lines up to LINE_MAX characters. This caused the input to
be truncated on Solaris, which is why the output was also wrong.

The bug has been fixed in CVS.