Solaris 2.6 findings

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 22:08:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have dug out my old Solaris 2.6 x86 install media and set up Solaris
2.6 and installed gcc-2.8.1. Some findings:

1. building outside the source directory seems to choke Solaris 2.6's
   "make" command:

make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `../configure.ac'
Current working directory /home/emma/bogofilter-build/src
*** Error code 1

It should have looked at ../bogofilter/configure.ac instead, but I
haven't yet researched the reasons.

2. Solaris 2.6 doesn't ship Perl, but we're not currently skipping tests
   that require Perl. We'd better fix this as Solaris 2.6 is not the
   only system that does not ship Perl. I'll try to make sure that
   Perl-dependent tests are skipped (rather than fail) when Perl is not
   installed. Granted, we won't see many systems that don't have Perl,
   but I hope fixing it isn't too much an effort.