bogofilter/bogoutil concurrency crash?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Apr 7 03:37:37 CEST 2003

Hi Jim,

Interesting...  I think another Mac OS-X person will need to confirm this
problem.  A quick test on my Linux box worked properly.  In the grand
tradition of pointing the finger, my guess is that it's either a locking
problem or a berkeleydb problem.

Have you run "make check"?  One of the things it does is to stress test
file locking.  Other OS-X users are running bogofilter, but possibly they
haven't tried your scenario.

In actual usage, it's rarely necessary to run bogoutil.  For those times
when you need to dump the database, you _could_ make a copy of it and dump
the copy.  That would avoid any delays caused by bogoutil locking the
production database.

Anyhow, I think we need to hear from others more familiar with OS-X than am I.

David