debian.s390 problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Mar 27 19:06:24 CET 2003

At 12:57 PM 3/27/03, Clint Adams wrote:

> > This appears to be a flaw in strcspn().  Since this test passed on both
> arm
> > and powerpc, the problem appears to be s390 specific.   As the last s390
> > problem was a gcc problem, I wonder if this is also a gcc
> > problem.  Somebody need to dig deeper into strcspn() to see what's
> > happening.
>
>I'll pass the information along.  Also, I can't reproduce the powerpc or
>arm failures on different machines, so it looks like none of these are
>bogofilter problems.

Clint,

I looked at the debian page for bogofilter's test results.  It's pretty
cool to have all that info readily available.

Given that bogofilter successfully passed on most of the architectures and
that the directory precedence code is pretty simple stuff, my curiosity was
aroused.  I was looking forward to seeing the log files to identify the
strange and mysterious cause of the failures.

Given the volume of email since 0.11.1.4 was released, and the defects that
have been fixed, 0.11.1.5 will be built this week.

By the way, thank you very much for the commentary on asian spam.  I found
it very interesting.