audit and 0.11

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 27 13:50:15 CET 2003

At 06:14 AM 2/27/03, Matthias Andree wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, David Relson wrote:
>
> > >We'll need two people who've never seen bogofilter to audit the code
> > >before we release "stable 1.0" and]
> >
> > Eh??? Audit it to look for what???
>
>Either of us goofing up. I am notorious for forgetting proper
>destruction of memory areas I allocated when I hack late at night,
>particularly forgetting to clean up before return; or continue;.

Matthias

Seems like our most common problem has been releasing most of the files for
a change, but forgetting one or two.  The regression tests have been
invaluable in detecting unexpected events.  Unfortunately, they only check
for what we "think" is the right result - as evidenced by the recently
corrected processing of message separators.  However, the tests'
correctness is improving over time.

Have you any people in mind for auditing?

0.11 is scheduled for release soon.  That'll make Robinson-Fisher official
:-)  I still need to make changes for unregistering changes.  FYI, in the
informal poll done a few weeks ago had 4 or 5 people vote for changing the
behavior of -N and -S to "unregister only", but only 2 people voting for
adding -U as a modifier to -N or -S.