[bugs]Bug in CVS version....

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Feb 15 14:57:28 CET 2003

At 11:46 PM 2/14/03, Nick Simicich wrote:
>I am working on some code to move tags and comments to the end of the
>section processing for bogofilter.

Glad to hear you've started.

>I grabbed the CVS version from about 1/2 hour ago again, since I wanted to
>exhaustively be sure that I could not elide comments in the lex section
>before continuing to work on capturing comments out of the
>pre-parser.  Right now, the comments are being elided in a separate piece
>of code.  I can't build the doc section, so I downloaded, did the
>autoconfig, removed doc from the list of stuff to make, and did a
>make.  It worked.  But it would not parse out the token "message (it
>always got the halves)" with -k y or -k n

Eh???  I think I need a sample message to understand what you mean.

>[I thought the below was a bug.  It turns out it is not!  Why?  Because
>the "blank line" between the header and the body is not blank, it has one
>space, so the body is being processed according to header rules.  I edited
>the file, removed the character, and the body was processed
>properly.]  The comment I might make is that the body is "obviously not
>header" and if someone can think of an easy way to make the shift, it
>might be worth it.  But I can't think of a good way to do that, and it
>might be right to ignore the issue.
>
>I ran this test case through bogolexer:
>
>From: "Giju George" <itsgiju at hotmail.com>
>To: testlist at jesusyouth.org
>Subject: hi
>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:13:41 +0530
>Test Message End

Seems like the RFC specifies that an empty line, i.e. "^\n", ends the
header.  Using whitespace to create a blank line is cheating.  Feel free to
experiment and see what breaks if bogofilter checks for a blank line,
rather than an empty line.