ext3 + db = slooooow

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Feb 1 14:58:13 CET 2003

On 20030201 (Sat) at 1345:41 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Greg Louis wrote:
>
> So reading all the messages takes 3 minutes and writing the data out
> takes another 12 minutes. That just sucks, whatever the reason.

I'll not argue with that sentiment ;-)

> What is the exact kernel version again?

Well, since I first noticed things being slow, kernel versions tried
have been 2.4.21-pre3-ac4, -ac5 and now -pre4-ac1.  I've also done a
bit with 2.4.20-ac4 which seems about the same as the 21-pre-ac ones.

Up to now I haven't taken this to the ext3-users list, but I suppose I
could at least ask there whether anyone has any tuning suggestions.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |