.db rebuilds: comparing versions, and a note on formail

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri Jan 31 15:05:56 CET 2003

On 20030131 (Fri) at 1410:44 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Greg Louis wrote:
>
> > Matthias isn't having the same db troubles as I am, according to a
> > recent posting, so I thought it might help if I gave some details:
> >
> > Just finished rebuilding my spamlist.db with 0.10.1.4:
> >
> > # time ./bogofilter -v -s -d /root/scratch </root/.bogofilter/spam_corpus
> > # 5868782 words, 14502 messages
> >
> > real    13m24.497s
> > user    0m55.840s
> > sys     0m17.420s
>
> Could you show the output of db_stat spamlist.db?

> I fear your huge .db files run DB out of buffers with its default buffer
> sizes, some DB buffer configuration might help big time here.

53162   Btree magic number.
9       Btree version number.
Flags:
2       Minimum keys per-page.
4096    Underlying database page size.
3       Number of levels in the tree.
517529  Number of unique keys in the tree.
517529  Number of data items in the tree.
39      Number of tree internal pages.
59818   Number of bytes free in tree internal pages (63% ff).
5070    Number of tree leaf pages.
6456884 Number of bytes free in tree leaf pages (69% ff).
0       Number of tree duplicate pages.
0       Number of bytes free in tree duplicate pages (0% ff).
0       Number of tree overflow pages.
0       Number of bytes free in tree overflow pages (0% ff).
0       Number of pages on the free list.

> Might be the structure gets too many indirections then or we might need
> to tune db for bigger cache sizes.

If I knew more about db I'd be trying things like that instead of
whining... thanks much for your interest and help!

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |