datastore vs. t.lock2

Shawn Michael blkmajik at monkeyspunk.net
Fri Jan 31 09:21:54 CET 2003

On our database servers we had some bad luck with ext3 in RedHat's default
install.  The performance just wasn't anything like what we had hoped it
would be.  The fix for us was to modify one of the mount options.

Try the following options to mount:

defaults,noatime,data=writeback

The data=writeback helped tremendously under heavy IO and the noatime helps
to reduce needless IO.  How many people acutally need atime?